Saturday, March 9, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Decor

My St. Patrick's Day decor is very simple and easy.  Everything that I used this year to decorate my table and mantle came from my own stash.  I did not purchase anything new, except flowers.  My approach was "less is more."  When everything came together, I was pleasantly suprised. The table and mantel looked really nice.  I love using stuff already on hand in a different way.  It saves money and time!

This year on my dining room table (please excuse the hideous wallpaper, that is being removed this summer!) I decided to do classic green and white.  The color combination is crisp and fresh, making me think of spring, but also fitting with the St. Patrick's Day holiday.  The tablecloth was purchased on my trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland a few years ago.  It is true Irish linen!  The crystal cross was a wedding gift.  The shamrock tins were purchased at my local Dollar General a couple years ago and the vases holding the carnations are from my wedding centerpieces (purchased 8 years ago at Wal-Mart for 99 cents each!).  The shamrock centerpience was made by my mother.  I love the different color greens against the black background.


 
 
For the mantle, I used the same theme of crisp white and green.  The baby's breath wreath was used on the door at the chapel for my wedding.  The  green vase previously belonged to my great-aunt.  The white birds where purchased at JoAnn Fabric a few years ago, as well as the blessing plaque.  I know that limes (fake and from Dollar Tree) are not traditioanlly part of St. Patrick's Day decor, but I thought they added a nice pop of green and tied in nicely with the white and green of the wreath and vase.  The votives and holders are from four Christmases ago.
 
 
 I have enjoyed my new take on decorating for St. Patrick's Day.  By reusing and rearranging items already on hand, decorating can take a whole new direction!
 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is a joy to hear from you. What are your thoughts?