Thursday, March 7, 2013

Delicious Kale Salad

On Monday night I was not feeling all that "culinary."  I just wanted to get dinner on the table without it being a production.  I made the all time classic, Tuna Fish and Tomato Soup.  It is always hard on Mondays to get back into the swing of things and I did not want to make a heavy duty meal.  After the tuna was made and the soup was cooking on the stove, I decided that the meal needed something fresh.  I looked into the fridge crisper and saw a big bunch of kale staring back at me.  I asked myself, "what could I do with this that is quick and easy?"  I turned to the trusty internet and came across this Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad recipe on Pinterest.  This recipe took me about 3 minutes, even with some of my own minor changes.

When assembling the salad, I omitted the bread crumbs, squeezed a whole lemon, added a pinch more salt (I opted for kosher salt) and mixed it up right before serving.  Once it was all mixed, I then sprinkled the parmesan on top.  It was crunchy, fresh and delicious.  This would be a great dish for a summer picnic or a great side to serve with salmon.  Here is a photo of my rendition of this recipe.  This salad will definitly be added to my "quick and easy" recipe rotation!

 

I love the contrast of the deep green against the white plate.  So pretty and healthy.

Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment

It is a joy to hear from you. What are your thoughts?