Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Packages | Gift Wrap Ideas

It is December!  Some people may have their shopping almost complete, while others may have just started.  Some people may still be in “list” making mode and trying to figure out who to purchase gifts for! 

I made my gift lists months ago and have been doing a little shopping here and there over the course of the last few months.  I don’t like to leave my shopping for the last minute.  I like to give myself plenty of time to shop and make sure that I get the right gift for the right person.  I also like to make sure I have plenty of time to wrap...no rush jobs!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I started to organize my packaging and wrapping items.  I even started wrapping some gifts!  As I was working away happily in my own little world (with Christmas carols playing in the background), I thought to myself, “what a great blog post this would be!” 
                                                                                                                                                                   


 This year, my gift wrapping philosophy is to keep it simple, clean and classic...almost vintage with a modern twist.  I am keeping the wrapping paper simple by using solid colors like red and white, along with brown kraft paper (same color for gift bags) and of course, cello bags.





For decoration, I am using ribbon.  This year I am really into red plaid, cotton stitched, reds, whites and natural twine.  I think the simplicity of the wrapped packages under the decorated tree will look beautiful and stunning.  Almost too pretty to open!



What I really love about my gift wrapping this year are the tags I am using.  There was a preview of my tags at Thanksgiving (which doubled as gift tags and place cards, seen here.)  I wanted to do the same thing for Christmas and I had fun designing the tags by enlisting the help of my children.  I asked the kids what their favorite Christmas “things” are and from their answers, I came up with the tags.  I looked for images online and used my two favorite fonts-one of them is what I used for our wedding, almost 10 years ago.


My son loves to watch the “Reindeer Cam” app and that is how the reindeer tag was created.  My daughter loves snowflakes and loves to investigate each one with a magnifying glass, so the snowflake tag was created in her honor.  Both kids love to go sledding in our front yard, so I like to imagine they are the children on the sled tag.  My family has sold Christmas trees for many years (my parents have a Christmas tree farm) and so the tree tag represents our love of Christmas trees.  Lastly, the Santa tag…my children still believe in the magic of Santa.  This tag was created for them and the hope that they can still believe for a long, long time.  I think the tags are just darling!  A simple and sweet approach to labeling any gift, baked good or table setting. 


In my kitchen, there is a built-in desk with many drawers.  It is very handy and I have turned one of the drawers into where I hold my “stash.”  It is where I keep my packaging supplies like ribbon, tags, kraft bags, cello bags, crinkle, paper cutter and scissors.  It is very handy to have it all in one place and then I do not have to run around the house looking for everything.




This was my view while I was organizing and wrapping.  Such a picturesque winter scene!  





Happy wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is a joy to hear from you. What are your thoughts?