Friday, January 30, 2015

Shirley Temple Float | Valentine’s Treat for Two


This summer I discovered a delicious soda that is based off of one of my favorite drinks as a child.  When I was little and we would go out for dinner, my parents would always order me a Shirley Temple.  I felt like a grown up with this fancy pink drink in my hand.  The time has passed and I no longer order Shirley Temple drinks for myself, but I do order them for my children.  I will, however, sneak a sip when they are not looking.

This summer I saw in my grocery store a Shirley Temple soda made by Saranac.  Saranac is also known for its many refreshing and tasty crafted beers.  I was so excited to see this soda and could not wait to try it.  Fast forward a few months and this is the latest way I have been using Saranac Shirley Temple soda…


Shirley Temple Vanilla Float

1 bottle Shirley Temple Soda
1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
Frosty glass or mug

Scoop ice cream into a frosty glass or mug.  I really like a vanilla bean ice cream, which is sweet and creamy.  You can use any type of vanilla ice cream you prefer.  Pour the soda over the ice cream and watch it fizzle and cream together, instantly.  Make sure to have your straw and spoon ready.



























It is magic in a glass.  It is creamy, sweet and refreshingly cold.  

This would be a great dessert after a homemade Valentine’s dinner.  Two people could share it with two straws!


Maraschino cherries would be a great addition, either at the bottom of the glass, on top or put on the straw…will have to try that next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is a joy to hear from you. What are your thoughts?