Thursday, April 3, 2014

Daffodils and Burlap

When the calendar changed to April 1st, it was time for me to start decorating for Easter and spring.  I went to the grocery story and in the flower section was a display of fresh cut daffodils and also potted daffodils.  Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers.  I love the bright yellow color and the fresh scent.  The yellow instantly makes me feel happy and puts me in a good mood.  Nothing says spring more than a daffodil!



I bought some of the beautiful flowers from the grocery store and planned on using them in the dining room.   


For the dining room table I decided to keep it very natural and simple.  Two summers ago I hosted a bridal shower for my cousin.  My mom and I made a burlap table runner.  I decided to pair that with my daffodils.  Last summer my dad made me a box out of a an old pallet.  I knew that the daffodils would fit perfectly inside and would look very natural on the table runner.


What I really enjoyed about this centerpiece was the ease and simplicity of putting it together
 I already had the table runner and box.  All I added was fresh flowers from the local grocery store.



What is your favorite spring flower?

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I can't wait to see your summer table! The burlap runner is great! Audrey

    ReplyDelete

It is a joy to hear from you. What are your thoughts?